Wednesday, October 31, 2012

In This Town of Halloween


My inner Tim Burton has emerged this year in the form of Jack Skellington cake-pops! I got slightly carried away in the Halloween isle at Target, loading my basket with cake mixes, icing, ribbons and dyes, and crystal-like sprinkles I used for Jack's eyes. These halloween treats aren't too tricky too make, but they are time consuming so be sure you're awake. To make a pair of faux Louis Vuitton bunny ears (as seen in the Tim Burton Harper's Bazaar editorial circa 2009), all you need are two wire hangers, a black hair band, a pair of black nylons, scissors, and some raw glue-gunning talent. The drawing of Frankenweenie's Weird Girl was done by artist Max Becker, and happens to be my favorite new addition to my studio. The striped string lights are another Target purchase, but I'm pretty sure I scored the last two sets in the Los Angeles area thanks to my friend, Tiffany. Unnecessary? Perhaps. But they'll be most useful when I create my Tim Burton inspired Xmas tree in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment